The CHAMPION Network
The CHAMPION Network provides a clear pathway into the transportation sector, a sector with a robust career ladder, living wages, and union protections. Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) provides a two-week intensive training culminating in the DMV Class C Commercial Drivers License and the Passenger Endorsement. Students ages 21-24 with particular income and other requirements might be eligible for additional program benefits such as paid advanced training, internships, mentors, and other follow up services.
- All fees are typically funded by the program.
- Past due fines or other situations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The program provides immediate placement with one of CHLDC’s employer partners in the paratransit sector.
- CHAMPION Network graduates typically drive Access-A-Ride blue and white mini-buses that provide accessible public transportation for elderly and disabled residents of New York City.
- Average starting wage is $14/hr. with benefits and overtime options.
- With additional training graduates can transition to school bus, MTA bus or other points in the sector with higher wages.
Recruitment for The CHAMPION Network is rolling, with programs beginning each month. Reach out today to reserve your spot in the next cycle.
Director, Career & Education Programs